We at Eunogo know that in this time of “circuit breakers” and “self-isolation” many of you are looking for ways to care for your skin. Thank you to those of you joined Eunogo for our Instagram Live on April 1, 2020 with Tiffany, Head Aesthetic Trainer at Cheongdam Korean Skin Management, to learn how to do an at-home Korean self-care facial. This post is for those of you who want to have a detailed reminder of how to do the facial at home, and also for those of you who missed the original InstaLive but still want to do it yourself. You ready? Let’s go!
Step 1 – Cleansing
Cleansing your skin before you do your at-home facial is incredibly important, and, as Tiffany says, “we must prepare our skin to absorb all those nutrients from the product.” Remember to massage your face gently, and, according to Tiffany, cleanse for about 5 minutes to clear the hardened oil and pollution from everyday life. If I am being honest, I can’t do it that long, so let’s just say the rule is, cleanse as long as possible. Also, Tiffany recommends using cool/room temperature water, not warm. Warm water will enlarge your pores, and the hot weather in a tropical region like Singapore makes our pores even larger, so lets minimize the damage. Yes, you may have to wash and lather your face longer with cold water, but it will pay off in the long run. We promise!
We used this OxygenCeuticals Purifying Foaming Wash for Step 1.
Step 2 – Apply Product
In our InstaLive we used the OxygenCeuticals BioMatrix Collagen Kit – this kit comes with a set of 6 Marine Collagen balls and one Ampoule of activating Hyaluronic Acid (HA), and we used one collagen ball for each of us.
Once the ball is dissolved in the HA you can apply it to your face and start to feel the magic at work. For those of you who do not have this product, you can find it here and enjoy 10% off promo-code [eunogo] storewide. If you love your own products that you already have, great! A nice, hydrating moisturizer or, better yet, a serum, will work with the face massage in the next step. Apply generously and prepare your spoons...
Step 3 – Korean Style Face Massage
This is where it gets a bit technical, but totally easy to do once you get the hang of it. You will need two Asian spoons, but don’t worry - if you don’t have the Asian style spoons you can use Western style as well. Just remember to be more gentle, as the metal spoons (instead of ceramic) may damage your skin if you apply too much pressure. Okay, let’s do this!
We are going to start at the center of our forehead and move our way down the face. This is a form of lymphatic drainage massage, a light rhythmic massage which uses a range of specialized movements and gentle pumping techniques to direct toxins out through your lymphatic system. You have lymph nodes located slightly behind your ears and neck so that will be our final destination.
- Begin by lifting your forehead, alternating both spoons upwards with light pressure x 10
- Move in the upwards motion across the forehead, from right to left and back again for about one minute.
- Now start a zig zag motion in the center of your forehead, and then move across the forehead, from right to left, and back again for about 1 minute.
- Scooping! Use the edge of the spoon to begin at the center of your forehead and scoop down towards your temples 10 times.
- Now flip the spoons and place the handles in between your brow bone and nose bridge. This will feel slightly uncomfortable, but this is an essential way of accessing a pressure point that will help release tension. The rotate the spoon handle three times, and hold for three seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- Use the handles of the spoon under your eyes and scoop from the inside out, and lift up! Upward lifting will help reduce your undereye circles and lift up any crows feet wrinkles. Do this 10 times.
- Now flip the spoons back around, holding them in the spoon part, and scoop just above your eyebrows, following your brow line towards your temples. Repeat 10 times.
NOTE – If you need to reapply your product/serum, now is a good time!
- Now take your spoon and put it at your temples, applying some pressure, hold for 10 seconds.
- Now we are moving on to our jawline – flip the spoons and allow the spoon to lift up your jawline as you firm and lift from your chin, upwards towards your ears.
- Finally, use the spoons to massage downwards, starting just behind your ear down your neck. This will get the toxins to release. Do this 10 times and you are finished! Tadaaaa!
Step 4 – Sheet Mask
The last step is to seal all our hard work in with a sheet mask! We used the CryoGel Velvet Mask on our InstaLive, which you can find here.
This mask moisturizes, brightens skin tone and improves the skin firmness and comes in a pack of 6, which, super-conveniently, also matches the amount of collagen ball applications in the BioMatrix Collagen Kit. When bought together you will have enough for 6 at-home K-Beauty facials! And don’t worry, if you do not have the CryoGel mask at home, any good moisturizing sheet mask will do. The point of the final step is to seal in the moisture and goodness of the product used for the facial massage.
Don’t forget, Eunogo customers have 10% OFF sitewide at OxygenCeuticals using discount code “EUNOGO” at checkout through a limited time. OxygenCeuticals offers worldwide shipping and free shipping for all orders in Singapore. Order whatever you like and treat yourself! You deserve it!
We hope you enjoyed our InstaLive and this Beauty Journal and look forward to bringing you more fun and informative beauty content. Please do leave us a comment to tell us what other content you’d like to see!